• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacate and seal divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Madge2

What is the name of your state? Florida.

We got a final divorce decree one month ago in a simple dissolution. We want to reconcile and be married. Is it possible to vacate and seal the final decree (for personal and religious reasons), instead of remarrying?

How likely is it that a judge will agree to seal my divorce since it is a public record? What are successfull arguements I could make to convince the judge to seal?

Last edited:

O

OSNNG2L

Madge2 said:

We got a final divorce decree one month ago in a simple dissolution. We want to reconcile and be married. Is it possible to vacate and seal the final decree (for personal and religious reasons), instead of remarrying?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah you could take that decree and seal it away and think nothing of it and be a couple again...But you wouldn't be married...Because with the FINAL DECREE is meaning the marriage has been disolved and no longer is which by legal definition lifts the bond of marriage between you two.

In order to have the legal bonds of marriage or to be truly married you would have to re-marry no matter what your condition of religion is...I know its not really what you wanted to hear, but life is never easy...If you would have reconciled the differences before the final decree was issued, then you could have put a hault on divorce proceedings and reconciled your differences then...But its too late...

But the choice is yours and good luck on what ever it is that you so choose to do...;)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Madge2 said:

My response:

No. Once the order is signed, it's all over.

Hindsight has 20/20 vision. Perhaps you should have filed for a "legal separation" rather than divorce. But, what's done is done.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">