• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce/child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OSNNG2L

jennifer l. pad said:
What is the name of your state? virginia
been married for 1 year. husband wants a separation and then divorce. we have a 2 year old daughter together. must move out in 60 days. i have a place to go. i work only 1 day a week at church i have no car. he said he would give me $300.00 month for our daughter but, nothing more. he doesn't want me to seek legal advice. i have no money and i need help now, what do i do?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First thing? How old are you? I mean come now...If you are old enough to get married and have a child then you are old enough to make your own decisions. He can't tell you that you shouldn't seek legal advice...Cause you have every right to do so as you please. Maybe that is one reason why you are getting divorced is because he is trying to run your life and command you like a dog in which you are not...at least I hope not.

Who has to move out in 60 days? You or him? Cause if its you, then I hope you you have a place to go being you have a child and if not I would at least hope he would be fair enough to at least give you a roof over your head until you are able to sustain a place of your own. You are obviously a wonderful mother who has a lot to offer and a wonderful heart being that you are looking out for yourself and your child and trying to find the help necessary to get started on a divorce.

The next thing I would examine is his GROSS wages he makes in a month and take 25 percent of that and see what you get...If it would be more than 300.00 then forget his offer cause you can get more getting legal advice. In custody situations for 1 child it is about 25 percent of the fathers gross income in a month. Don't let him get the best of you and don't try and get the best of him, but instead do what is right for your placement as most definitely for your childs need.

Being that you have no real income except 1 day out of the week in which I don't know if you get paid for it or not, I would say you are eligible for government welfare help...They can get you on your feet. Usually they can get you food stamps to eat off of, they can usually help get you into subsidized housing, or cover you in the medical benefits you need just in case you or your child get sick, some government agencies will help get you job placement and more. Just don't let him take the best of you...You are strong and I know and believe that you will pull through this. Have faith and stay positive, but I would definitely search into legal advice ASAP to get you going on what you need to for your sake and your child's sake.

If you need any help or advice on anything though, please feel free to contact me at anytime at:

[email protected]
or
[email protected]
or
[email protected]

AIM - OSNNG2L
Yahoo! - OSNNG2L
MSN - [email protected]

I have been through my rought times, but have familiarity in this area and I am doing pretty good myself now...If you want to know more feel free to contact me at them e-mail addy's or Instant Messenger Screen names and I will be glad to help in any way that I can...

Good Luck and God Bless You and Your little one just in case I don't hear from you...;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">