• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

twins

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CONFUSEDnHURT

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

im currently pregnant with twins, and i want to give one up for adoption and keep the other, i have a couple picked out, i just need to know if there are any laws that prohibit seperation of twins by adoption, i dont want to loose them both, its hard enouhg to give up one please help me:confused:

nextwife

You are making a choice that is difficult. You can only take on what you feel you can handle. I respect that you are keeping all those considerations in mind.

I am a WI adoptive parent. And let me assure you, we totally adore our daughter and she is a very happy and secure child. I have never heard of any law that requires a voluntary adoption to have both or none of the children placed. If you wish, I can refer you to our agency in Milwaukee to double check. THey would know. I also know a independent adoption attorney in MIlwaukee whose name I can provide. The couple you are dealing with likely have an attorney who can verify that no such restriction exists.

Best wishes to you.

O

OSNNG2L

CONFUSEDnHURT said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

im currently pregnant with twins, and i want to give one up for adoption and keep the other, i have a couple picked out, i just need to know if there are any laws that prohibit seperation of twins by adoption, i dont want to loose them both, its hard enouhg to give up one please help me:confused:
==============================================

Ok...

1.) Why did you get pregnant or pull down your pants in the first place then?

2.) Was this planned or unplanned?

3.) If you are going to keep one then why not the other one?

***do you honestly think it is going to be fair taking a brother or sister away from the other one because you only wanted 1? Maybe you should have thought about this before pulling your pants down. I am not trying to sound like an ass or be mean but come on...That is wrong...Either give them both up or Keep them both...Cause that is what is morally and ethically right!

4.) Where is the father of these children? Or don't you even know who the guy is or who the father is?

5.) Don't you think that the adoption agency is going to question your reasoning for wanting to keep one but give up the other? I mean there is no law against it, but being they are twin brothe(s) and/or sister(s) they are going to ask why one and not both as well? Whether or not they let you keep one and give up one is going to end up either being their choice or the courts choice, but it sure isn't going to look good?

6.) Where are the grandparents (if living)?? Why don't they help out?

I personally think you have a lot of emotional issues that you need to deal with as well as a lot to think about before you honestly make this decision...Maybe see a counselor or something to help you ease your mind and make a clearer decision...Cause you sound a little emotional and like you have a clouded mind as you have stated:

i dont want to loose them both, its hard enouhg to give up one please help me:confused: [/B]
Honestly though...Get some help and think about it before you do it...Think about the kids and not yourself...Do you want you think is right for them as they are family as well...

Well, Good Luck and I hope all turns out well as well as you make the right decision...God Bless!!!

nextwife

"1.) Why did you get pregnant or pull down your pants in the first place then?"

Irrelevant at this point. THe postor can only deal with what to do in the future.

"2.) Was this planned or unplanned?"

Irrelevant as well. Either it was unplanned, or the situation is not as it was.

"3.) If you are going to keep one then why not the other one?"

THe postor already stated that she is not in a financial position to parent two children at this time, but wants to not relinquish both. Child care for two, health care for two, closthes, diapers for two is a difficult burden. This is her decision - she knows her financial situation - we do not.

There are many situations in which siblings are seperated. My daughter's biomom had five prior pregnancies before leaving our daughter at the orphanage. Whether she also relinquished the others or not, I will never know. But she made a choice either based on her inability to provide for more children, or whatever. I know another adoptive parent whose child needed to be adopted seperately from a younger sibling because of emotional/ developmental issues from their abandonment. THeir daughter could never learn to be a child, and be dependent if she remained in the caretaker role - she needed the opportunity to learn to be a child. They had RAD/PTSD and other issues to deal with that the child was suffering. My DH was raised seperately from his half sibs.

IT is not morally wrong to thoughfully examine what will result in the best interests of the children. If as biomom cannot provide for more than one child, they have the right to choose to not assume the responsibility for parenting more than one. That is her choice to make.

You need not be "guilted" into assuming more responsibilty than you can handle.

4.) Where is the father of these children? Or don't you even
know who the guy is or who the father is?

She likely has her own reasons for wishing to limit the BF involvement.

5.) Don't you think that the adoption agency is going to question your reasoning for wanting to keep one but give up the other?

There are situations in which a parent of one child relinquishes rights to another child when they are unable to financially handle the burden of more than one. Agencies are familiar with such situations. I am on six adoption web lists, and know of many situations in which siblings are sperated.

"6.) Where are the grandparents (if living)?? Why don't they help out?"

The postor knows the parents situation. Their health and capability. Not all of us have parents that are physically capable of helping out. My dad has been dead for a long time and my mom suffers from bouts of Menieres disease. And the postor may live in another place entirely. My sister is a post grad student out east. If she were pregnant, how would a parent help out? Also, they already raised a child or two. They are not responsible to become child caregivers, they did their "job". If they can help out, fine, but a choice to become a parent does not make one' own parents responsible to it again.

Speak with those who can provide emotional. spiritual support. IT will help you came to peace with whatever you decide to do. It would be naive to pretend that financial capability is an irrelevant concern in making parenting decisions.

If you wish to write off-list: [email protected]. I have WI adoption attorney and agency names to provide if you wish to bounce the idea off of profesionals in this field.

djohnson

I think OSNN was out of line. None of that was relevant nor helpful in anyway especially since a legal question was actually asked. I haven't heard of any kind of law that would state that either. I think that would be up to you. On ther personal side though, are the adoptive parents aware that it is a twin situation? Are they planning on raising this child in the same area as you? I think it is a very hard decision but I do see lots of problems that could arrise. I know you probably are putting alot of thought into this. It may (and I mean may) be best to let them raise them together so they both have the same advantages. It could cause a lot of hard feelings in the future. You can only do what you think is best and I wish you the best.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
OSNNG2L... Gee, rather judgemental considering you don't know the poster or her circumstances. Isn't that what you told me for questioning your motives (as a 23 yo man) on dating a 16 yo girl?

K

kam2051

momma_tiger said:
OSNNG2L... Gee, rather judgemental considering you don't know the poster or her circumstances. Isn't that what you told me for questioning your motives (as a 23 yo man) on dating a 16 yo girl?
OFFTOPIC, but my goodness. Eww.

A

all4-1-1-4all

momma_tiger said:
Just do a search on their screen name. They're sharing it. It's an Internet thing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off...This is OSNNG2L since someone chose to lock off my other screen name as I can't post to forum...So I had to create this new one.

For everyone's reference...I took all of your advice and broke it off with the 16 year old. I didn't find it necessary to tell everyone on here, but since people like to screw with my life since that being I figured you might as well know that. I have broken it off a couple days ago or so...Why? Cause I thought you people were right. I made my mistake and told her that I wish not to carry it on because it is too much of a burden. She appeared to have understood and agreed, but now she doesn't talk to me any more or nor do I speak with her. Why? I don't know, but maybe its for the better.

But plain and simple I broke it off with her so you people can stop your babbling about it ok? I am sick of hearing it and you people interfering in my life all the same. Yeah I was wrong for about what I posted in response to the original question is on this post, but I am individually talking to this person on the outside of this forum as I have apologized for my actions now understanding the reason for why she is doing it...So you guys got me back just the same then it doesn't make you any better than me...So why don't we all start becoming a little more mature about this and grow up.

My topic of discussion is done and should have not been carried in other matters cause that does not pertain to anything. You people want to show disrespect then fine...But do it to me through e-mail contact then. Not none of these bullcrap forums. But if you want to all be immature about this then so be it...I can't stop you, but it doesn't make you any better as I have said before.

So the choice is yours.

CMSC

all4-1-1-4all said:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off...This is OSNNG2L since someone chose to lock off my other screen name as I can't post to forum...So I had to create this new one.
and you think this account will be active long?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
ryry's mom said:
and you think this account will be active long?
Probably depends on why the other was terminated - if at the (ex) g/f's request, this one will likely remain. If the mods decided to do it for whatever reason, it probably won't.

P

pamela vandi

objectionable when agencies separate twins

Adoption agencies often separate twins EVEN WHEN THE AGENCIES HAVE THE OPTION OF ADOPTING THEM TO THE SAME FAMILY! I find that objectionable! If twins can be raised together, that should be the choice! Adoption agencies often put profits before any other factor.

There are organizations in Wisconsin that serve as social and moral support outlets for parents of multiples. I know a mother of twins in that state who raised her twins without assistance from the father, but with many family members nearby. She worked full time and her twins are both in college now. It would be best to raise them together, and I hope you are able to find a way to do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">