• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NO will,half sister and grandkids need advise!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RPM in hell

When my grandfather died he left no will.The courts settled out the estate.My aunt,a stepdaughter got a childs portion(about 3 acres of land)my parents got everything else,including the land my house sits on now. It was built when both my grandparents were still alive. My father refuses to get it put into my name. He keeps telling me he cannot do it because the land is not in the clear. He will not agree with his half sister on which parcel of land she is to get.My aunt is my only hope I know of. If my father ever settles with her I and my family will be out in the cold. My aunt sees my situation and would like for me to have my share also. Can she agree to sell me an option for a portion of her allotment to keep my parents from selling my home out from under me? I live in Mississippi.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RPM in hell:
When my grandfather died he left no will.The courts settled out the estate.My aunt,a stepdaughter got a childs portion(about 3 acres of land)my parents got everything else,including the land my house sits on now. It was built when both my grandparents were still alive. My father refuses to get it put into my name. He keeps telling me he cannot do it because the land is not in the clear. He will not agree with his half sister on which parcel of land she is to get.My aunt is my only hope I know of. If my father ever settles with her I and my family will be out in the cold. My aunt sees my situation and would like for me to have my share also. Can she agree to sell me an option for a portion of her allotment to keep my parents from selling my home out from under me? I live in Mississippi.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, she can give or sell you the option subject to her aquiring interest to the property. If she does not aquire interest, then the option is void.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">