• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Community laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

obario

What is the name of your state? Nevada

My question pertains to community laws because my father and my step mother plan on getting a divorce and because she is an immigrant from Pakistan who just arrived in the US 5 months ago as his wife, I was wondering if a house that they bought as recently as two weeks ago would have to be split due to any community laws in which husband and wife have to share all assets equally. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Whyte Noise

Nevada is a community property state, which means that anything purchased or earned during the marriage by either spouse belongs to both spouses.

In community property states the old adage of "What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine" has a ring of truth to it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

BLCM said:

In community property states the old adage of "What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine" has a ring of truth to it.

====================================

My response:

Actually, the adage is - -

"What's yours is mine, and what's mine is yours - - including all assets and liabilities."

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">