• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal rights of father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrs dellget

What is the name of your state? WV

My husband and I have been divorced for over a year now, when we divorced we decided on joint custody and no child support. well since then my son rarely sees his father and he (father) does not provide anything for my son. His father is a truck driver and is rarely home and even when he is home he doesn't call or anything to see him. Is there any way i would have a chance to have full custody of my son without child support? If so is there any wat that the father could try to take away my son fro me?

Last edited:

annefan

1. No

2. If the question is: IF you had sole custody of the child, is there any way the father could try to take the child away from you? Possibly...there could always be a modification of a child custody order, for any number of reasons.

M

MaggieK

Maybe I am missing something, but why do custodial parents deny their childrens rights to be supported by both parents? Child Support is for the child, not the parent! Most posts that I read like this one, are really saying I want the non-custodial parents parental rights removed forever. Custody modificatons do not do that. Adoptions do that, and the courts do it for extreme reasons of unfit parenting. Custody, child support and other issues of divorce can be brought back to court over and over and over for modification until the child reaches the age of majority, dies or becomes immancipated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">