• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medicaid lookback

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cathy1

My father has cancer, and is not expected to live for more than 6 months. He would like to gift each of us 4 children $10,000 now and again in Jan. He is a private pay in a nursing home and would have enough money to continue private pay for a year after the gifting. If he should somehow survive longer than a year, he would have to apply for Medicaid. Could Medicaid, at that time require us to pay back the gifted money? Massachusetts laws.

O

obrooks

In kentucky, medicaid can go back up to 5 years and normally will go back 2 years. I recently filed a medicaid application for my mother (now deceased) and they requested the prior 6 months transactions.

W

whpahs

lookback periods

check the medicaid site or law sites in your state. Many law sites offer examples of this type of thing. Most states have a 3 yr. lookback. Typically states base beginning coverage on $3000/month. For example, if he gave you 10000 he would have to wait for the 4th month to apply. Also check out laws on Estate Recovery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">