• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Daycare deduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rickie

What is the name of your state? Florida

My question is what is the maximum amount one can take for daycare for two children? A seven year old and a 6 Months old.

abezon

You can take the credit based on a maximum of $4800/year in expenses. The $4800 is limited by your & your spouse's earned income, and whether you get any employer-provided day care benefits.

R

Rickie

Day Care Deduction

I don't have any employer provided day care benefits. Does that mean I can take $4800.00 deduction? I can provide receipts for more than that. Or would that only help if I itemized?

enjay

You can't deduct $4800. For example, I pay about $6000 per year for my son's daycare. By law, I can take a tax credit based on a maxiumum of $2400 (the maximum per child, up to two children per family). The actual tax credit was $480.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">