• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brock

I have been handling her affairs for the last 14 years. She has become somewhat forgetful in her age. In 1997 she wrote a will and left me her house for all I have done for her. My brother recently has came around and convinced my mother to write a new will and leave everything to him. Can he do this without my knowedge or consent considering I have power of attorney (unlimitied)?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
I have been handling her affairs for the last 14 years. She has become somewhat forgetful in her age. In 1997 she wrote a will and left me her house for all I have done for her. My brother recently has came around and convinced my mother to write a new will and leave everything to him. Can he do this without my knowedge or consent considering I have power of attorney (unlimitied)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes she can. Read the POA that you have. You can not control her wishes with the POA while she is still alive and capable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">