• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help, can't afford retainer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deekar

Ohio, Franklin County. I have no money for an attorney retainer. I make too much for legal aid. What do I do.. I also need a good attorney as pension, retirement, child supprt, deferred comp are at stake (not mine).

THanks.

annefan

Sounds like it's time to start studying at your county court law library...but with the varying issues such as you posted, especially in divorce and child custody,you may want to consider creative financing and obtain an attorney (i.e. loans, supplemental work, etc.)

D

deekar

response

annefan, I have done just that. We are both state govt employees. I have been researching the Ohio Revised Code big time. There are a lot extenuating circumstances. I have done my research and have learned much.. but, unless I can do something quickly, I am afraid he will have time to maneuver some things.

Re: pension and deferred comp. in divorce.

Deekar,

If you believe he is going to dissipate marital assets (i.e. pension, PERS, deferred compensation, etc.), you need to get a divorce complaint and restraining order drafted and filed against him ASAP. If you want to provide me with some additional details, I can try and draft some sample documents for you. It also would not hurt to check the Franklin County Common Pleas Court website for sample forms and their local rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">