• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MCC1

What are the responsibilities of an executor. Is he or she resposible to be more informative with infomation on the an estates worth to the benificiaries. Do I have a right to look at an inventory of the estate assets and liabilities before I pay estate taxes that the executor sayes are due. We have recieved infomation that there were accounts for my family members but we have had to take the initiative to find out from the bank. After we told the executor that we called the bank the executor said why didn't you ask me. Should the executor be more forthcoming with the benificiaries about the details of the estate.Details seem to be lacking.The estate has gone through probate.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MCC1:
What are the responsibilities of an executor. Is he or she resposible to be more informative with infomation on the an estates worth to the benificiaries. Do I have a right to look at an inventory of the estate assets and liabilities before I pay estate taxes that the executor sayes are due. We have recieved infomation that there were accounts for my family members but we have had to take the initiative to find out from the bank. After we told the executor that we called the bank the executor said why didn't you ask me. Should the executor be more forthcoming with the benificiaries about the details of the estate.Details seem to be lacking.The estate has gone through probate.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this person is not doing a good job, fire him/her. You should have complete an ongoing communication from this person all through Probate and maybe even after to tie up any lose ends. Request copies of all docs such as IRS 1041, Inventory etc. The Inventory as part of Probate may be public record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">