• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living Trust for mother & daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DawneeMarie

My mother is helping me buy her house which she owns outright. We have taken a large enough loan to give my siblings their inheiritance early. We want to protect our estates and the house with a trust, but I also want to take all the tax deductions and must have the house in my name to take all tax deductions.
Can we do a joint revocable trust as mother and daughter so we can file a new quit deed in both trust names? Or should we do separate trusts? If we do separate trusts how do we address the property to show both names? Also should we have my siblings sign an acknowledgement that they have received their inheiritance early?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">