• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State income tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jerryhiggins

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I am being told that I owe Alabama income tax for 1999 when I worked in Georgia for the entire year of 1999. Is that possible?

J

jnieporte

You would file a non resident return for Georgia and getback any money you had withheld. Also you need to file an Alabama return and you will owe them. At least this is what happens when someone lives in Ohio and works in either KY or Indiana

I am not a lawyer

abezon

If you were an AZ resident, you pay taxes to AZ and get a credit (maybe) for the taxes you have to pay as a GA non-resident. If you changed your residence (car title, voter registration), tell AZ you were not a resident & send them copies of your proof that you moved out of the state in 99.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">