• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Copy of will not original

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jack_001

I asked this before and will again.

My mother passed away and a will was made out before she passed almost one year. I was given a copy and so was each brother. I have been looking for the original will from the lawyer and I cannot locate it. I have written to the lawyer and even called several times with no correspondence at all.

The court wants me to file the will by the next Tuesday or the court will appoint the public guardian.

What can I do I have read everything that I can and am at a loss.

Can the lawyer who made the will be forced to authinticate the will?

What else can I do???

Thank you in advance for your help.

ALawyer

Get a probate lawyer at once to represent your interests. The lawyer will know what to do -- and the judge will pay the lawyer respect.

If there are children or a spouse, absent a bad family fight, there should be no need to appoint a public guardian. Once the public guardian is appointed the costs can go out of sight, there will be delays, and someone from the political clubhouse likely will call the shots.

If there is a family fight on, your lawyer will know what to do in a lost will situation. Check AttorneyPages.com

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

J

Jack_001

Thank you for your time and endless dedication to those who are in the dark, I will heed your advise and retain a lawyer in probate.

Again may thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">