• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who will get the children?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vickie_quirk

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

ok.....here goes. My aunt gave her daughter up when she was little and she was adopted. Now she is grown... She came back to our family when she was 16. Her foster parents got mad about it signed her over to state custody. Well she ran away from state custody and came back to her real mom again... She lived with her biological mother from the age 16-20... When she was 18 she had a baby and she still lived with her biological mom. So for the first 2 years of the baby's life they lived with my aunt. Then she met a guy and they got back in good with the foster parents (who had nothing to do with baby for 2 years) and moved behind them. They had another baby together and the she let her foster parents watch kids while she worked. Her and the guy got married... They ended up broke up and she let her foster parents keep the babies alot.. PLus my aunt (her biological mom) had them for weeks at a time....Well now her foster parents are claiming that they don't know where the kids mom is..(of course she does)... But they are trying to get custody of the kids.... They are about 65 or 70 years old....My aunt is 38 years old. She knows she made a mistake and lost her daughter but she doesn't want to lose her grandchildren too. Does she have ANY rights at all to the grandchildren since they did live with her for 2 years and she has had an active role in their lives since birth as grandma? Is there anything she can do? Do the foster parents still have rights since they signed her over to the state?
PLEASE HELP!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">