• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking out the old "trash"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blondedanger

tennessee..........when my husband divorced his ex-wife, he made her sign a quick claim deed. the house is now in his name. but when we try to get her name off of the bank papers....they tell us that we cannot do that. they tell us that it was a contract between my husband and his then wife and the bank... and that cannot be broken..... it states in the divorce creed....that the husband is solely responsible for the note still left on the house. but.. how can we go about getting her name off of the loan papers without re-financing it? we would rather not do that...because we only like 5 years having it paid off.
i understand that this is a contract....but so was their marriage...and it was broken......now how come we cannot get her name off of the papers at the bank!!! please anyone help....the bank keeps giving us the run around!!!!!! help me take out the old "trash"!!!:(

C

cyana

Yep...

annefan's correct. Many divorcing couples think that signing a "Quit Claim" deed prevents the spouse who retains the home to not have to refinance which is not true.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">