• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Wording of Decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fultoncounty

What is the name of your state? Georgia
Original decree states "wife shall have right to the sole possession and rights of mobile home and title and shall be responsible for all mortgage payments and utilities and the husband relinquishes all rights thereto, with the exception if the home is sold at any time during the period that the husband's child support obigations have not yet ended and the husband is current in child support obligations, then husband shall be entitled to half of the sale of the proceeds from the home.
In a modification of custody last year (Aug. 2002) the modified decree states that the husband is released from his obligation to pay child support. (I am now paying child support).
The question - I sold the mobile home for $2,000.00 cash - the ex is demanding his half saying that the child support obligation has not ended - simply modified. Do I legally owe him half. In a phone call yesterday, he told me that he's sueing me for half and his attorney fees. It's the principal of the entire situation.

C

cyana

Not meaning to be offensive...

but haven't you asked this question before (several times) back in February? And you received reasonable answers from several experienced members. They each answered "No - unless he still has a CS support for other minor children". I'm para-phrasing their responses, of course.

F

fultoncounty

Thank you for your replies. I accidently re-posted this question from a saved document. As all the other NUMEROUS people who have asked questions on this board and have been met with hostilities instead of answers - I won't bother with your board again. Perhaps you should note the number of people that you have responded to in such a negative manner. If we want nastiness - all we have to do - is contact our ex's. Have a peachy day.

C

cyana

Touchy, Touchy

Neither HG nor I said anything to offend you. I'm sorry if you perceived it that way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">