• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Charlie77

What is the name of your state? CA

I have been denied a change of venue twice now and the last reason was because my husband filed foe dissalution of marrage but he never served me and now the courts are telling me that I cant have a devorce until he serves me. Is this true Is there really nothing I can do. Ive been in hidding since april of 2002 and he no longer lives in the county where court is heald what can I do?

C

Charlie77

serving

The courts including my husband all have my safe at home P.O. Box address. and they also have the safe house info. He only started the papers so the courts would deny my change of venu. Now he has disapeared and no longer is a resident of that county. There has been no contact of any kind since Nov. 17th 2002.

S

SHARONELDRED

my friends ex filed but did not finish the last paper that needed to be filed. he call and tried to get it finished but the court said she filed and she has to finish the paper work.

the court said he would need to refile on his own and the whole process will start all over.

the 6 months waiting period starts when all the papers have been filed.

good luck sharon

C

Charlie77

paper work

I was told that he had to finish the papers no body has ever told me that I could restart the paperwork! Thanks I know with the courts its all a matter of how things are worded. Ill try calling them to see If I can do that.

S

SHARONELDRED

if you start the papper work all over it is like you are just filing for the first time. to serve him and wait to see if he contests it and then finish the paper work. after the last paper is filed then starts the six months waiting period.

good luck sharon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">