• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Leave Before Filing????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tb0408

What is the name of your state? Michigan

HI!! I am at the starting point of trying to leave my second husband. He won't move out and says he won't be nice to me if I am going to leave him. I want to leave because I feel it's not a great place for my kids to be right now. I want to take our daughter with me (my son will be already coming with me, since he's from previous marriage) since she is only 19 months and I would never leave without her.

Is it legal for me to leave first with her, then file so I can avoid some serious verbal abuse.

Thanks for the help....

H

hopelessinCA

If you and your children are being abused, then you should leave. That comment of "I wont be nice to you if you leave" is scary to me. That's a threat and I would not wait around to see if he carries it out. Do you have family/friends that can help you?

Talk to them.. and get legal help and file papers immediately

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">