• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trafficing Controlled Substance and Poss.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Anna Beth

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
My husband was arrested for Trafficing and Poss. of a controlled substance 1st and 3rd degree Poss. (First Off.) I don't know exactly what that means but he had Valium and Methidone. (sp) This is his perscribed medication. We have a small business. He had just arrived there and took some of his medication out of the bottle and put them in his pocket (hince the possession) and they wouldn't let him get the bottle from the truck which was not even 10 feet out the door. They (the police) say he was selling it.
He's been in jail since April 14 and has a 15,000 dollar cash bond.
We have attorneys but I'm scared because they say it is a very serious charge. We have been married for 14 years and never been through anything like this. He swears it isn't true and I believe him. What can I expect from this and our future with our 21 month old daughter?
ANY help will be greatly apprecieted.
Thank you

Last edited:

V

vernon2g

Honesty

It sounds like your husband not saying he is, is not being so true. They must have evidence of his selling for the charges to be what they are and why did they stop him anyway? Sounds like he sold to someone they got caught with it or just plain squeeled but the police came to him looking for what they found.

A

Anna Beth

He was at our store when they came in with a sealed Inditment (sp) for trafficing. They then search him and found pills in his pocket. That's what the possession is for. Hearsay has it that a lady went around to try to get people she knew took pain meds and tried to get them to sell to her or she just swore warrents on them. I don't understand any of it. I just want to know exactly how much trouble he is in. If he is found guilty, how much time could he be looking at here?
Thanks for your reply(s)

:(

S

skcusloa

what a load of crap! A true pill junky does not leave the pills in his pocket! He might lose valuable powder from the pills!

O

OnlyOneVoice

If your husband is being truthful, keep his pill bottles and get records from the pharmacy that indicate he has never purchase or been in possession of more than the allowed 30 supply.

With a written perscription for the Valium if the manufacturer of the pills in his pocket and the pills in his bottle are the same the "possession" charge may be dropped based on "insufficient evidence".

But I don't know what to tell you about the 'selling' charge, if it's his word against one other ladies, it may come down to credibility.

But if they held your husband, there may be more to this story than he has told you. I would stop attending his meetings with his lawyer and let him tell the lawyer anything he can without you present. He may be holding evidence back because he doesn't want you to know the extent of the real story.

A

Anna Beth

Thanks

You all have been a great help and very supportive. Thank you. Here's an update on my situation..... My husbands possession charges were dropped, due to the fact of his prescription bottles. Now as far as the trafficing goes, he swears that he never sold that lady a pill, he only gave her a Methadone. And he only gave her one because she begged him saying that she was a addict and needed something to calm her, and that her mother was dying of cancer. Now I know they say that giving a person one is the same as selling in the eyes of the law but this being his first offence for anything do you think he could get some time out of this?
Thanks again everyone

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">