• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeeves4141

Hey im from NYC... here's the story... was smokin a joint parked up next to a park in my neighborhood (i know not very smart) and a park cleanup crew member was walkin by pickin up garbage. She must have gotten a wiff of somethin from my car. She walked right passed me and looked straight at me and straight at my license plate. The car is registered to my father... my question is... is there any possibility that she may report the car and can the police come to my house? whats the worst that can happen. Thanx for the input...

HomeGuru

jeeves4141 said:
Hey im from NYC... here's the story... was smokin a joint parked up next to a park in my neighborhood (i know not very smart) and a park cleanup crew member was walkin by pickin up garbage. She must have gotten a wiff of somethin from my car. She walked right passed me and looked straight at me and straight at my license plate. The car is registered to my father... my question is... is there any possibility that she may report the car and can the police come to my house? whats the worst that can happen. Thanx for the input...
**A: 1. yes and yes. 2. The police may arrest your father.

J

jeeves4141

no proof

what are the grounds for the arrest? The woman... the only witness said she smelled what was to be marijuana coming from a parked car of which she took the plate number... can they really arrest my father... what would the charges be?

O

onemadmug

need help

How long ago was this? If she did not report it then and they came and busted you then they can't do anything now.

G

GKris

Nothing will ever happen. If she even called the police, they probably said something like "Yea yea, we'll get right on that" and then went back to listening to Howard Stern rant about some dumb chick being naked on the radio

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">