• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens if cannot locate orignal will only copy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jack_001

I thought I had the orignal will and now it turns out to be a duplicate.

I did have the will made up with an attorney here in California.

Can a copy be submitted or am I out of luck?

What can I do the attoeny that made the will does not return any of my phone calls?

P

peter

A duplicate will be fine AFTER they have made an extensive search for the original.

So save everybody the aggrivation, contact the lawyer again, and offer to send him $500 retainer to help locate the original copy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jack_001:
I thought I had the orignal will and now it turns out to be a duplicate.

I did have the will made up with an attorney here in California.

Can a copy be submitted or am I out of luck?

What can I do the attoeny that made the will does not return any of my phone calls?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

J

Jack_001

Peter not to doubt you but coould you shed some more light on the subject please?

Or anyone

M

Mitzi

Wills are kept in the County Clerks office in the county court house. I was told that, even if the it is a copy, the court house copy is considered official.
I too have had a problem with a lawyer not responding to phone calls. In my case, he did something that wasn't quite honest.
Also, check the Register of Wills office at the county court house - all paperwork related to the will, and possibly the will itself, is in the file of the deceased person. Good luck!

M

Mitzi

Wills are kept in the County Clerks office in the county court house. I was told that, even if it is a copy, the court house copy is considered official.
I too have had a problem with a lawyer not responding to phone calls. In my case, he did something that wasn't quite honest.
Also, check the Register of Wills office at the county court house - all paperwork related to the will, and possibly the will itself, is in the file of the deceased person. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">