• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

notice of bank levy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

happyme

What is the name of your state? new york

recently levied by irs. have received copy from bank but nothing from irs. can i expect any materials/info and how long until i receive any such? also, if return in question (assessed 1993) was filed for tax period 1992 by well known tax prep. service, and was in error, even though i provided all necessary material, they failed to include a $9000 pension. i signed the return without realizing the error, received no copy from tax service, was told would be mailed to me, never was. my question. would this scenario be considered a fraudelent or false return? they have never pursued criminal investigations. i have had very little cooperation from tax service and i'm wondering if i am eligible for the statute of limitations (10 years)? any and all advice would be appreciated.

abezon

Sorry, a mistake does not equal a fraudulent return.

Contact the tax service's district office if the local office is not being helpful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">