• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession of weed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lewy1love

What is the name of your state? Arizona, I left the club with my cousin & his friend who are from Rhode Island & visting on vacation. Before we got in our car we smoked a blunt & the cops rolled up on us, but we throw the blunt & baggy in the bushes befoire they got there. My question is when they found the blunt & baggy the questioned us & we said it wasn't ours whoever they were going to bring us all in, but feeling pressured becuase my cousin & his friend had to leave to go back to Rhode Island at 6am I took the heat & said it was mine. I didn't want my cuz to have to pay for extending his tickets to stay longer & have to pay again to fly out for court. I was wondering if its able to plea that i was under pressure by the cops & with my cuz having to leave i just took the heat, so we can leave & they could make their flight. any info or suggestions on this would help. thanks

N

nowpastdue

I am NOT an attorney.

You stated "we smoked a blunt".

The police asked to whom the drugs belonged. Only you, of the 3, stepped up.

You will be given the opportunity to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty.

Your reasons for admitting the drugs were yours are not a defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">