• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why the stall?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MsMesha

What is the name of your state? TX

The situation occured in Louisiana(sp). My soon to be ex hubby was traveling from TX to LA with his girlfriend in the car with him. His cousin was in another car ahead of them. The cousin got pulled over and had lbs. of weed enclosed in boxes of washing detergent. When my ex hubby caught up with his cousin being pulled over, he stopped to see what was going on. Before my ex got to the scene the cousin told the officers that he had all that detergent to take to his grandma since she "liked that particular brand" so much. When my ex pulled up, the cousin then told the officers that it was my ex's "stuff" and the officers began searching my ex. They found the store reciept for the boxes of purchased washing detergent in my ex's pocket along with the exact change in a small bundle in his pocket. The officers arrested all three of them. They are charging my ex with being the "ring leader"( dont know the real charge). His girlfriend had over $8000.00 in her possession(dont know the real charge). Its been almost two(2) years since the arrest and the trial keeps getting reset.

Why is it taking so long to start the trial?

Do they have enough evidence to get a conviction on him?

How long can trials be reset before the case either gets dropped or an actual trial occur?

H

hmmbrdzz

:D That damned old detergent box didn't work, did it? They must be some old drug runners. Tell grandma the trial will probably be soon, that they've got enough evidence to "hang him out to dry". Wash and wear.

hmmbrdzz

C

confused1111

what is his relationship with the cousin since this has happened?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">