• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paraphanelia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

botty3291

What is the name of your state? PA

i was recently pulled over for a traffic violation and the cop asked if i had anything illegal in my car. natural reaction i said no. he then asked to search the vehicle, so i agreed assuming that if i said no he would just get a warrant. he didnt find anything in the car but he then searched me. he found a pipe in my pocket. i am looking at a $3500 fine and 30 day suspension of license. it wasnt even mine, it was a friends so i tried conceiling it. is there anyway i would be able to take my friend w/ me to court and possibly have charges lessened or dropped?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

botty3291 said:

i was recently pulled over for a traffic violation and the cop asked if i had anything illegal in my car. natural reaction i said no. he then asked to search the vehicle, so i agreed assuming that if i said no he would just get a warrant. he didnt find anything in the car but he then searched me. he found a pipe in my pocket. i am looking at a $3500 fine and 30 day suspension of license. it wasnt even mine, it was a friends so i tried conceiling it. is there anyway i would be able to take my friend w/ me to court and possibly have charges lessened or dropped?

My response:

Absolutely. The "it's his pipe" defense always works.

And, when you bring him to your arraignment, have him stand to your left. You'll be wearing your T-Shirt with "He's the guilty one" written on it with an arrow pointing to him.

IAAL

HomeGuru

botty3291 said:

**A: huh? Was your friend in the vehicle at the time of your stop?

H

hmmbrdzz

A fine for $3500 for a pipe? What did you do? Try to conceal it by pushing it up the officer's nose?

hmmbrdzz

Son of Slam

AT LAST!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
[B... bring him to your arraignment, have him stand to your left. You'll be wearing your T-Shirt with "He's the guilty one" written on it with an arrow pointing to him.

IAAL [/B]

I like that. That's funny!

M

Mike101

If your friend came to court and admitted the pipe was his, I would charge him also.
And maybe add an obstruct charge on you.

racer72

I don't see bringing your friend helping at all other at all. It appears you have been charged with possession, you admit to being in possession. The officer caught you in possession. The DA and judge could care less who the pipe belongs to.

C

confused1111

3500??? ouch man. oh and they might care who the pipe belongs to but don't count on it. It's a subjective matter. the judge most likely will not care but I've seen it happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">