• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private Street

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tcnguyen

What is the name of your state? CA
I live a private community. One day I was coming home from work and was traveling at 20MPH in a 25MPH zone (No speed signs posted) all of sudden a man jumped in front of car telling me to slow down because I was going tofast then, his wife followed me to my house in her SUV and verbally threatened me. What can I do about it? and also the husband told me that he has been watching me everyday from his house. Is that legal? Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tcnguyen said:
What is the name of your state? CA
I live a private community. One day I was coming home from work and was traveling at 20MPH in a 25MPH zone (No speed signs posted) all of sudden a man jumped in front of car telling me to slow down because I was going tofast then, his wife followed me to my house in her SUV and verbally threatened me. What can I do about it? and also the husband told me that he has been watching me everyday from his house. Is that legal? Thanks.

My response:

Where are the streets - - in a mobile home park?

How do you know the speed limit is 25 when there are no signs posted?

What were the EXACT threats? Spell them out, EXACTLY.

IAAL

T

tcnguyen

Re: Re: Private Street

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Where are the streets - - in a mobile home park?

How do you know the speed limit is 25 when there are no signs posted?

What were the EXACT threats? Spell them out, EXACTLY.

IAAL
In a gated apartment complex (condominium)

The California Driver Handbook (pages 21 and 22)

"I'm going to report you to the manager and if anything happens to my kids it will be on your blood..."

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Re: Re: Private Street

tcnguyen said:
In a gated apartment complex (condominium)

The California Driver Handbook (pages 21 and 22)

"I'm going to report you to the manager and if anything happens to my kids it will be on your blood..."

My response:

The California Driver Handbook is inapplicable. The streets are private and self-regulated by the owner. However, common rules of "negligence" and your "prudence" apply. Twenty miles per hour is way too fast for such close quarters. Children or adults could walk out at any moment. Ten miles per hour is prudent.

But, you won't. You think you're right.

That wasn't a "threat". She's letting you know that if you should hit her children, she'll sue you into oblivion - - and so would I.

IAAL

T

tcnguyen

Re: Re: Re: Re: Private Street

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

The California Driver Handbook is inapplicable. The streets are private and self-regulated by the owner. However, common rules of "negligence" and your "prudence" apply. Twenty miles per hour is way too fast for such close quarters. Children or adults could walk out at any moment. Ten miles per hour is prudent.

But, you won't. You think you're right.

That wasn't a "threat". She's letting you know that if you should hit her children, she'll sue you into oblivion - - and so would I.

IAAL
Thank you...I've decided to go around that particular area and let the property manager handles the situation. One more thing...I've lived here for two years and never had anything like this happen until, this family that just moved in from out-of-state. We have a lot of family with children that live here including myself (3 kids) I believe that it is the parents responsibility to teach their young ones to be very careful when they are playing on the side walks. Seemed to me that these parents didnt tell their children to be careful. What would happened if someone was driving 5-10mph and the child darts out without stopping and runs into the vehicle?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Private Street

tcnguyen said:
Thank you...I've decided to go around that particular area and let the property manager handles the situation.

MY RESPONSE: Good!

One more thing...I've lived here for two years and never had anything like this happen until, this family that just moved in from out-of-state.

MY RESPONSE: What does that fact have to do with anything?

We have a lot of family with children that live here including myself (3 kids) I believe that it is the parents responsibility to teach their young ones to be very careful when they are playing on the side walks.

MY RESPONSE: Wonderful! So what? Gee, when you're driving, does that give you "license" to run them down?

Seemed to me that these parents didnt tell their children to be careful. What would happened if someone was driving 5-10mph and the child darts out without stopping and runs into the vehicle?

MY RESPONSE: That has got to be the stupidest response. Obviously, you know nothing about "physics". If you did, you wouldn't have asked that stupid question. Are you just trying to be "right" to a fault?

Slow down, goddamnit! Get your head out of your ass, and start thinking with your brain.

IAAL

T

tcnguyen

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Private Street

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
tcnguyen said:
Thank you...I've decided to go around that particular area and let the property manager handles the situation.

MY RESPONSE: Good!

One more thing...I've lived here for two years and never had anything like this happen until, this family that just moved in from out-of-state.

MY RESPONSE: What does that fact have to do with anything?

We have a lot of family with children that live here including myself (3 kids) I believe that it is the parents responsibility to teach their young ones to be very careful when they are playing on the side walks.

MY RESPONSE: Wonderful! So what? Gee, when you're driving, does that give you "license" to run them down?

Seemed to me that these parents didnt tell their children to be careful. What would happened if someone was driving 5-10mph and the child darts out without stopping and runs into the vehicle?

MY RESPONSE: That has got to be the stupidest response. Obviously, you know nothing about "physics". If you did, you wouldn't have asked that stupid question. Are you just trying to be "right" to a fault?

Slow down, goddamnit! Get your head out of your ass, and start thinking with your brain.

IAAL
thank you for all your answer...may be so...but at least I tried to find the answers...instead of running and hide...he he he

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">