• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

biological mother is deceased

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tculyq22

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
Hello i was wondering if someone could give me some information. My step daughter's real mother passed away she is 6 years old and i have had her since she was two years old. She calls me mom and really didnt have a relationship with her bio mother. I know that i can adopt her know easier than before because she contested the last time. My husband wants this too happen too. Will her grand parents have any rights or can they contest it. And can i do it my self or will i need a lawyer. I am not worried about the paper work or the running. I just want to know is it legal to do it yourself.

nextwife

I do not know if an attorney is needed in Louisiana, but a stepparent adoption is a simple matter in this case. You could check with whatever court has jurisdiction and see if they ahve a forms package. Our children's court had a simple $6 packet so we could do our daughter's readoption ourselves.

The biomoms family may very well be distressed by this. Every effort should be made to continue to include them in their grandkid's lives - they've already lost their daughter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">