• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new question????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theonlymarie

Hi all I live in kentucky I have asked a prior question if anyone who read it.... I am wanting to know instead of adopting right away can the baby be placed in my custody and adopted at a later time?... I had no ideal that adoption would be so expensive and I don't want to wait until I have the money for all the lawyer fees to have the child in my home. I want the child to start living with me and my family as soon as possible. you know so the bonds can be formed. Please any help would be appreciated Thnaks all

nextwife

I STRONGLY recommend AGAINST such a plan. Lock up the adoption as quickly as legally posible. You do not want to be in a position where the biomom gets a boyfried, or a better job or more security a couple years doen the road and suddenly decides she is NOW ready to parent this child. You are adopting, not renting a kid. You want this child to always have the security of knowing you are it's forever family.

Seanscott

You have a unique situation that possibly can't be answered on this forum. For the sake of everybody involved, please talk to a good family attorney.

Nextwife is right. If the adoption is not done 100% legally & correctly, you are opening yourself up to years of hearache & courtroom fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">