• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blc_822

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am the mother of 7 adopted children, all considered at-risk when adopted. Considered THE "Model " foster family in this area when it comes to helping difficult children become successful.

14 yr old son( adopted 4 yrs ago )recently discovered to have brutally raped younger child. Determined by state to be severe threat. On sex off. list for next 50 yrs. Fought the state to have son temporarily placed in treatment center. Had to involve Chicago Tribune to get help. Son now to be placed in reg. foster care with I'm sure no warning to foster family and/or I am being pressured to take him back into my home where victim resides.

Have proof that DCFS lied about my son's past. Don't know if it's enough, but am looking into possible wrongful adoption lawsuit due to the fact that I may become responsible for $300+ per day treatment. I am also desperate to keep the state from returning this kid to foster care where he will have easy access to victims.

This case is not unusual. DCFS policy is to return sex offenders to foster care with no real warning to foster family. Adoptive families are threatened with removal of other children due to DCFS official policy of removing the victims in such cases, thus exposing other community children to real threat of sexual assault.I know all this, not only because of my recent experience but also because I work in a capacity that requires my working closely with DCFS and other social services agencies.

nextwife

I am SOOO sorry yopu are dealing with that. PLacing children who have a known history is a process that absoletly demands full discretion of these agencies. Children with certain histories should never be placed in a home with younger children, or sometimes with other children. Additionally, parents need to be made aware of issues that require monitoring. I am aware of international adoptive families who have had the same problems with the failure of agencies and governmental bodies to provide FULL disclosure of known facts. An informed decision is not possibe without all the facts. (In my daughter's case, she was preverbal at adoption, and in the orphanage since birth, so family history was simply not available). In my view, this is the worst, most callous form of professional negligence. I do not know what recourse you may have against them, but adoptive parents musttry to hold those placing children accountable for witholding pertinant information. A history of sexual abuse is a vital piece of information in a decision to bring a child into a household with vulnerable children. Shame on them!

I haVE NO IDEA WHAT RECOURSE YOU CAN USE, BUT YOU SHOULD GO ONTO WEBLISTS AND SHARE. People need to know that certain agencies think witholding important information is totally ok.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">