• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

muscratgrrl

What is the name of your state? New Jersey.
My husband was married briefly in 1985 and had one child, a son, with the wife. Shortly thereafter, it was discovered that she was having several affairs and was pregnant again. She admanatly insisted that the second child, a daughter, was not my husband's. She drugged her son to keep him from crying with cold medicines, among other abuse, and my husband filed for, and received sole custody when she failed to show up for the hearing. My husband has had sole custody of his son for 16 years. Last week, the daughter contacted my stepson and made it clear that she has been raised her entire life knowing that my husband is her biological father. We were floored. We called the county courthouse in Pennsylvania where the divorce and custody on my stepson were finalized and asked for copies of the records. What we found was an adoption agreement, dated from 1992, that absolutely relinquishes any rights my husband had to a child that the document confirms is his biological child. My husband never even signed such a paper and did not even have communication about the daughter for the past 14 years! The "witnesses" on the document are my husband's parents, who know nothing about this paper and have never signed a thing! The daughter was adopted by the ex wife's new husband and evidently forged the entire document!! We have no known wasy of locating the girl or her mother and do not know their last names. We do know the general area that they live in. Is there anything that we can do, either from the forgery perspective, or from the custody or visitation standpoint? Someone, please help, we are shocked and want desparately to do what is right for a little girl who has obviously been lied to her entire life. We have no idea where to start.

P

pamela vandi

[email protected]

[email protected] is the B@STARD NATION web site. The freeadvice.com computer censors the name, so the spelling should be regularized when you enter it in your computer. B@STARD NATION advocates for the rights of adoptees to obtain their original birth records when they reach adulthood. Please post a message on this "thread" to indicate if they provide you info on this issue.

nextwife

Except that if the biomom forged adoption papers., who is to say she didn't forge paternity acknowledgement? A birth certificate could very well exist stating that this gentleman IS the biodad.AS no paternity test was done, the truth of who the realbiodad actually is may not be in the "record".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">