• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions about two agencies...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BestestMommy

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I wasjust wondering if anyone has had any experience with TLC Adoption Agency or Adoption Network.I am in the process of deciding which one I want to work with.

nextwife

For domestic or international adoption?

There are "agency registries" in which feedback from adoptive families is maintained. On the international side, I know that EEAC has one. Also, adoptive parents weblists can be a good place for feedback. Some weblists are region or country specific. I am on several, and post adoptive families can be very verbal about unhappy experiences. There are TONS of agencies. Spend some time online hearing other's experiences and pitfalls to be aware of. BUT be advised, some agencies actually maintain a covert presence on some lists and talk up their own agencies!

B

BestestMommy

Thanks!I will look into the web boards.Also,thanks for the warning.

CMSC

Your safest bet is to do one of two things. Check the better business bureau for all agencies. Also ask around, your doctors office, schools, etc. to see if there are good agencies in your area. DO NOT trust companies just by what they post on the net!

nextwife

One thing I did was started talking up our interest in adopting all over the place, Suddenly, A ton of people I knew were sharing names of people they knew who had adopted. I then spoke directly to lots of families and they were more than willing to share their feedback. And share names of other adoptive families with whom I also spoke. That helped me narrow down programs and countries. And then I researched the best thought of agencies for those country programs. For example, an agency may be well connected for China, but not as good a choice for Guatamala. That is why you need to know what direction you are going BEFORE selecting an agency. Some are a better choice for domestic, some international.

READ READ READ. Be aware of FAS/FAE and other prenatal exposures that can have an impact.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">