• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CDS felony charge discover coming the 8th, illegal search?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skcusloa

OKLAHOMA

I just wanna talk to everyone I can about this.
We were walking away from a friends house to the car that was a block and a half away. We got to the car and just sat down and a cop turned the corner with it's lights on. They took our liscences and checked us out. Then they got the driver out and asked him what he was doing and he said something about walking down the street from the laundromat(I didn't hear this at the time) then they got me out and I told him we were coming from a friends house. Then they searched me.

I got busted with 3 pain pills and some weed and a small brass pipe. My bond was set at 1000 dollars for the pain pills only and no bond for the other charges. My friend got busted with me and he had more but nothing else. He's got more money than me and his lawyer says we're gonna plead guilty get probation, possible fines and it would eventually dissapear. I have no problem with that. I just don't have a lawyer. I don't know wether to plead guilty or no contest. I was never read my rights if that matters. The lady at the jail said don't worry and about the same thing my friends lawyer said. I just don't wanna have to pay the lawyer a couple grand and then get fines. It'll take me forever to pay it off.
This is exactly how it happened. I recently went to court to get another court date set. My discovery hearing is on the 8th and the judge said I HAVE to get a lawyer. I'm a college student living with my parents and I only have a little bit of money. Is there anyway I can avoid court legally? Is there anyway to get a lawyer if you made bail?
Things that might help me: I am a veteran, this is my first offense ever, and I'm poor.

I tried to get a copy of the police report today and they told me I need a lawyer to get it :eek: ! This all sounds like a racket to make sure the lawyer gets lots of money... :(

O

OnlyOneVoice

First Advice:

You need to look into the requirements in your state to obtain a court appointed attorney.

Second Advice:

QUIT USING!!!!! YOU ARE AN ADULT NOW AND YOUR ENTIRE FUTURE IS AT STAKE. If you are convicted and this is a felony (is it or have they charged you with a misdemeanor) you will have to explain the details of that conviction on every job application for the rest of your life.

Your foolishness may have made it completely impossible for you to ever obtain a decent job.

As an adult your records will not be sealed and will be open to anyone who wants to investigate you. You will not be able to ever have a civil service job, you can't be a fireman, a police officer, a postal worker, and many other companies will look at this and say, "don't want this one." You won't be able to be a teacher or work with children because you have a drug conviction.

Adult drug convictions will absolutely follow you for the rest of your life. This is not a parking ticket.

Last edited:
J

janciecole

first offence, pc1000 drug diversion classes and so called record cleared, I think, I am waiting for the same answer, but nobody seem s to give a damn except old nancy nurse who thinks she God in an hand basket, she needs to go back to the convent and bite me:D

J

janciecole

OnlyOneVoice said:
First Advice:

You need to look into the requirements in your state to obtain a court appointed attorney.

Second Advice:

QUIT USING!!!!! YOU ARE AN ADULT NOW AND YOUR ENTIRE FUTURE IS AT STAKE. If you are convicted and this is a felony (is it or have they charged you with a misdemeanor) you will have to explain the details of that conviction on every job application for the rest of your life.

Your foolishness may have made it completely impossible for you to ever obtain a decent job.

you are a cow and need to get a life outside of the convent barbara bush, now bug off before i get really mad

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">