• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Payment Returned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CSKTGRL

What is the name of your state? Texas

Due to a stupid error on my part, the check that I wrote to the IRS for my 2002 taxes was returned for non-sufficient funds. There was only one attempt at clearing for the check but that was over a week ago. Does anyone know if the check will be submitted again for payment? If not or if it will not, does anyone knows what I do now? Thanks!

enjay

The one and only check I've ever bounced was my federal income tax payment in 1987. I was a broke 18 year old and never had more than a couple of dollars cushion in my account. Ah well, live and learn.

Anyway, it was presented twice. Bounced the first time and cleared the second time. I never heard a word about it from the IRS, and my bank charged whatever fee was standard at that time (I think $20).

C

CSKTGRL

I wish I were fortunate enough to say that I am only 18 and broke but, alas, that is not the case! :) Anyway, do you, by any chance, remember about how long it took for the second time it was sent through?

Thank you so much for your help. It really calms my nerves a bit!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">