• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drugs are killing me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

janciecole

What is the name of your state? california, I am trying to apply for a nursing license in the state of california, ten years ago, I got busted (first offence) for possession of amphetamines, I did the pc1000 drug diversion and now all I want to know is how is that going to look on my criminal, conviction record.? Im desperate, I am clean now and have been for 10 years but is the past going to come up and bite me in the **** ?:eek: :eek: :p

H

hmmbrdzz

janciecole said:
What is the name of your state? california, I am trying to apply for a nursing license in the state of california, ten years ago, I got busted (first offence) for possession of amphetamines, I did the pc1000 drug diversion and now all I want to know is how is that going to look on my criminal, conviction record.? Im desperate, I am clean now and have been for 10 years but is the past going to come up and bite me in the **** ?:eek: :eek: :p
=====================================

I don't quite understand your question. Have you passed the boards before and been licensed and practicing in another state and now want to apply in CA for a nursing license? Or are you just taking the exam and getting your license for the first time? If you don't know whether or not you've got a criminal record on the possession charge, you need to find out (and you need to find out exactly what CA Nursing Board requires you to reveal about charges / convictions if you've got to consult with an attorney to find out). One thing you don't want to do is lie on any application for entry to school, for the boards, for your license, or for renewal of it (or be in the dark about this). Good luck.

hmmbrdzz

calatty

The whole point of diversion is that you not end up with a record afterwards. See Penal Code section 1000.4: "Upon successful completion of a deferred entry of judgment program, the arrest upon which the judgment was deferred shall be deemed to have never occurred. The defendant may indicate in response to any question concerning his or her prior criminal record that he or she was not arrested or granted deferred entry of judgment for the offense, except as specified in subdivision (b). A record pertaining to an arrest resulting in successful completion of a deferred entry of judgment program shall not, without the defendant's consent, be used in any way that could result in the denial of any employment, benefit, license, or certificate."
(Sub (b) deals with becoming a police officer) So the short answer is no, the past will not come back to bite you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

calatty said:
The whole point of diversion is that you not end up with a record afterwards. See Penal Code section 1000.4: "Upon successful completion of a deferred entry of judgment program, the arrest upon which the judgment was deferred shall be deemed to have never occurred. The defendant may indicate in response to any question concerning his or her prior criminal record that he or she was not arrested or granted deferred entry of judgment for the offense, except as specified in subdivision (b). A record pertaining to an arrest resulting in successful completion of a deferred entry of judgment program shall not, without the defendant's consent, be used in any way that could result in the denial of any employment, benefit, license, or certificate."
(Sub (b) deals with becoming a police officer) So the short answer is no, the past will not come back to bite you.

My response:

You need to understand something about CalAtty. She's a moral reprobate. While "legally" correct, CalAtty is morally corrupt. Step back from the original post for a moment and ask, "What is CalAtty actually doing?"

What she's doing is assisting a drug addict (another amoral idiot) to become part of our already fragile Health Care System - - a potential malpractice action waiting to happen.

We'd all like to thank CalAtty for her ultra liberal help and point of view. CalAtty has no clue about the deeper, moral, or social issues involved with her answers. She's as "surface" as surface can be. She is a "machine" - - spitting out her brand of help - - without any responsibilities to the rest of society.

She also helps to put child molesters back on the streets too, if that's any indication where her head is at on these types of issues.

You are one, stupid, idiot.

IAAL

H

hmmbrdzz

What, Calatty? Unbelievable.

Janicecole: The long answer is a lot more complicated. You need to find out all you can prior to attempting to get your CA nursing license because a past history of drug abuse (and especially an arrest record, and I don't care how long ago it was -- it could have been 25 years ago and deferred) can come back to bite you in your ass in the nursing field, can cost you a lot of money, and can ruin your career. If you must go to an attorney to find out what you can safely do, then do so. Don't attempt blindly so (or on any advice from Calatty) to "wish" this out of your past. It's there. Deal with it, and do it right.

hmmbrdzz

calatty

IAAL should open an A--hole advice board for anyone who wants to be abused by A--holes. This is a legal advice board and I give legal advice. Not a single person who comes to the criminal advice boards appreciates your "advice," except you and your smug friends.

H

hmmbrdzz

How did I know when I saw those x's last month that it was really a's and o's incognito ? ;) Thank God IAAL is here with his "reality check" else the poor dolts, dumbasses, and druggies of the world might think they're getting ready to embrace a new world without judgment. As far as this thread is concerned, Calatty didn't give "legal advice" to this would-be nurse with an admitted drug history. Calatty gave totally useless and dangerous advice to this would-be nurse with an admitted drug history, not only for this nurse's profession but for consumers of healthcare in CA. Who in their right mind, after analyzing the responses here, would use this thread to illustrate that IAAL is the as*hole with smug friends?

hmmbrdzz

J

janciecole

You know, theres something to be said about having a checkered past, o doubters and nay sayers, if it was up to people like you, aaal, and hummdinger, I would have probably comitted suicide, instead, I cleaned up my act, became an honor student and made nursing a career, not only am I a good student, I am very empathetic when it comes to patients who have a similar history, I can understand their angst and really work with them. so my dear mr and mrs beaver cleavers and those without sin so to speak, p##$ off, nobody here wants your advice, and i cant believe I just wasted my time typing this to such acid mouths.

G

GKris

This is good, I need popcorn. Humdinger - that was great. We all appreciate Mr IAAL in this forum. He has brought my respect for attorney's up to the level of things I'd rather not step in. (which was quite a huge leap in my food chain chart I don't mind saying)His advice has been backed with a responsibility to society rather his billings. He gets my vote for "Guy of the Year".

H

hmmbrdzz

GKris said:
This is good, I need popcorn. Humdinger - that was great. We all appreciate Mr IAAL in this forum. He has brought my respect for attorney's up to the level of things I'd rather not step in. (which was quite a huge leap in my food chain chart I don't mind saying)His advice has been backed with a responsibility to society rather his billings. He gets my vote for "Guy of the Year".
==========================

He does mine, too. This janice cole slaw chick needs a BQ plate from NC with a dose of hot sauce on the side, or something. Yeah.... there's something to be said about a checkered past. If you've got one, you better understand that it precludes "trustworthiness" 99% of the time, and you better understand how it might impact your career 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now. It's common freaking sense, and somehow we've gone from an ex druggie applying for a nursing license to thoughts of suicide.

Mine's buttered with lots of salt.

hmmbrdzz

J

janciecole

i take offence, why do you people out there assume all nurses are "chicks"? the name is jancie, it rhymes with clancy, as in Tom, now isnt that a great southern name, for a GUY! thank you and goodnight

HomeGuru

janciecole said:
i take offence, why do you people out there assume all nurses are "chicks"? the name is jancie, it rhymes with clancy, as in Tom, now isnt that a great southern name, for a GUY! thank you and goodnight
**A: ok male nurse, please do not take offence or if you do what type will it be; wood, iron, vinyl, chain link....?

T

Theodore Bundy

IAAL, do you ever actually provide legal advice or are you just a dick?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">