• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

W-2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Borova

What is the name of your state? WI

Hello , my name is Maria . I have a problem . My husband and I filed the
2002 tax return together.And then I filed for financial aid for college ,
they required my husband's W-2 form but my husband is not giving it to
me.(we broke up and he refuses to provide me with his W-2 form). I asked the
person who filed the tax return form for us , but he said , that he didn't
keep our forms.(because they were faxed to him). I do really need my
husbands W-2 form to process my financial aid application. So I was
wondering where I can get it. My husband is employed by his father , so his
father refused me as well. Thank you. Maria.
>

kat1963

Maria, you can obtain a copy of the W-2 from the IRS. The cost is (I believe) 23.00 go to www.irs.gov do a search for form 4506.

Congrats on your return to college!

Regards;

KAT

A

Andy Brown

You can submit form 4506 to the IRS requesting a complete copy of your 2002 return including all W-2's. This will take several weeks.

If you filed electronically, then the person who prepared and transmitted them is required to keep a copy of your W-2's.

If you can get all the W-2 info from your tax preparer (employer name, address, EIN, wages, withholding, etc.) then you can prepare a Substitute W-2 using IRS Form 4852 (can be downloaded from www.irs.gov). At the bottom of the form you state a reason why the
W-2 is not available and then sign it. Check with the financial aid people to see if they'll accept this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">