• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong CVC violation, can I get corrected?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjkmf

What is the name of your state? S. California [LA county]
June 2002, received citation, which stated: CVC 21209[a] Parked in bike lane. I paid the ticket. I have since learned that I have a point on my DMV record, because of it. The officer wrote the wrong CVC down.

It should have been:

21211. (b) No person may place or park any bicycle, vehicle, or any other object upon any bikeway or bicycle path or trail, as specified in subdivision (a), which impedes or blocks the
normal and reasonable movement of any bicyclist unless the placement or parking is necessary for safe operation or is otherwise in compliance with the law

21209. (a) No person shall drive a motor vehicle in a bicycle lane established on a roadway pursuant to Section 21207 except as follows:
(1) To park where parking is permitted.
(2) To enter or leave the roadway.
(3) To prepare for a turn within a distance of 200 feet from the intersection

How do I get this corrected?
:confused:

tjkmf

OK...So you do review ALL posts. My apologizes, I must have been in a catatonic state. Does this mean I don't get my question answered? My punishment for being naughty?
And yes HomeGuru, I do have two cars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">