• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminology

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MsMesha

What is the name of your state? TX

What does "nil proxy" mean?........Situation: Drug case, the court hasnt recieved the crime lab report, if the crime lab report is not back by June 2nd 2003, the DA will enter "nil proxy" in the case. This case has been going on since 2001.

Second situation and question: A person is on probation in one state, visits another state without permission from probation officer. Gets arrested in visiting state and charged with possession of cocaine w/ int & conspricacy. Two years passes, probationer gets arrested for not obtaining a travel permit. The probation officer got a "tip" of this info. Do the two situations have anything to do with each other?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MsMesha said:
What is the name of your state? TX

What does "nil proxy" mean?........Situation: Drug case, the court hasnt recieved the crime lab report, if the crime lab report is not back by June 2nd 2003, the DA will enter "nil proxy" in the case. This case has been going on since 2001.

Second situation and question: A person is on probation in one state, visits another state without permission from probation officer. Gets arrested in visiting state and charged with possession of cocaine w/ int & conspricacy. Two years passes, probationer gets arrested for not obtaining a travel permit. The probation officer got a "tip" of this info. Do the two situations have anything to do with each other?

My response:

Nil Proxy is the legal, Latin term for "No discernable brain activity from the Defendant."

Yes, the two are connected by the fact that "the person" is too stupid to be alive.

IAAL

M

MsMesha

LOL, now that was funny!! Thats what I said too about this female and the fact that she traveled out of town without P/O permission and THEN going out of town to commit a crime. She is trying to place blame on everyone else rather than herself. Im assuming that "legally" the two are not connected, meaning, one doesnt have anything to do with the other. Once she is done with her situation in Texas, she will go on to Louisana to take care of that situation. I am correct in my assumption, arent I?

G

GKris

Place blame on everyone else? No way. What is this world coming to? Who knew?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">