• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

offer in compromise appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NY
In Dec 2001 I filed an offer in compromise for back taxes. In Aug 2002 received a letter rejecting my offer, however had 30 days to file an appeal which I did. In April 2003 received letter from IRS saying my appeal was rejected because had not filed within 30 days. I have RRR card which proves otherwise. However he is allowing me to file the original offer in compromise again. He included copy of original offer along with new forms to complete and return which I did. Any ideas as to what this guy is thinking? Can I assume he may accept my original offer now? My 10 year limit is up in 2004? This has taken forever to get to this point. Thanks

abezon

You need to speak with attorneys/EAs who do lots of OICs. You can find many such companies on the web.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">