• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sales Tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

davidmuto

What is the name of your state? texas
Someone charged me sales tax for a gift certificate redeemable for goods. she doesnt even have an tax i.d. number or company which means she is not reporting collected taxes

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

davidmuto said:
Someone charged me sales tax for a gift certificate redeemable for goods. she doesnt even have an tax i.d. number or company which means she is not reporting collected taxes

My response:

Thanks for your wonderful, heartwrenching, life-fulfilling, story!

IAAL

Dandy Don

Was this an individual or a business? You were right to recognize that something was not right about this transaction.

Visit the website www.window.state.txs.us (Texas Office Of Public Controller) and you can find a phone number or e-mail address to get more information about how to file a complaint to have this matter investigated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

davidmuto said:

My response:

Dandy, you asked - -

"Was this an individual or a business?"

Let's review the writer's post once again. Our writer said, "Someone charged me sales tax for a gift certificate redeemable for goods. she doesnt even have an tax i.d. number or company . . ."

Didn't our writer already say that this was an "individual", and didn't our writer already say that "she" didn't have a "company" or a "tax i.d. number"?

The writer could be talking about a Flea Market vendor, or a door-to-door salesperson for all we know.

Please, read the posts a little more carefully, and don't "read into" the post anything that doesn't exist.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">