• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Felony drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MeanMOM

What is the name of your state? GA
My ex was arrested with 1500 cash, 5 lbs marjuiana, a good amount of meth, and parfanila, what might he get time wise? Can it be brought up in court that kids were around to make for a stiffer sentence? Will the fact that is was the biggest bust in years make sentence harder? He is a first time offender? What might he really serve as far a time reduced sentence ? I can not get a straight answer.

HomeGuru

MeanMOM said:
My ex was arrested with 1500 cash, 5 lbs marjuiana, a good amount of meth, and parfanila, what might he get time wise? Can it be brought up in court that kids were around to make for a stiffer sentence? Will the fact that is was the biggest bust in years make sentence harder? He is a first time offender? What might he really serve as far a time reduced sentence ? I can not get a straight answer.
**A: hang him.

M

MeanMOM

Not to sound rude but I am looking for a realistic answer.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MeanMOM said:

My response:

Why are you so concerned about an "ex"?

By the time he gets out of the State Penitentiary, he'll be ready to draw Social Security.

IAAL

M

MeanMOM

Beacuse we have a daughter and I have to plan her life, I have a wonderful husband who wants to try to adopt her and I want to know how much of her life her real father is going to miss so I can make a valid argument I am fighting for custody now. I just want to know how long till I will have till I have to deal wih my ex's crap again. And do not bash me, I divorced him for a reason. Yes I picked a rotten one and had a child I know, but that does not change anything and neither will you bashing me

M

MeanMOM

Yes it is his first offense. That is why I am kinda worried he will get out kinda soon, instead of getting his just desserts.

G

GKris

Plan on him getting something like a 5 year sentence, time served credit, probation..probably actually doing 6 mos to 1 yr in jail. Maybe. The judge could give him all probation or community service or hammer the daylights out of him. Talk to the DA and explain your situation to them. They may reject plea bargains or insist he do some amount of jail time. Parental rights are very strong though, I bet you would be in for a battle.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

GKris said:
Plan on him getting something like a 5 year sentence, time served credit, probation..probably actually doing 6 mos to 1 yr in jail. Maybe. The judge could give him all probation or community service or hammer the daylights out of him. Talk to the DA and explain your situation to them. They may reject plea bargains or insist he do some amount of jail time. Parental rights are very strong though, I bet you would be in for a battle.

My response:

Our writer has already said - -

"My ex was arrested with . . . 5 lbs marjuiana, a good amount of meth, and parfanila, what might he get time wise?"

Despite the fact that our writer thinks she's being "bashed" (which she isn't), I already answered her question. He's going to the Penitentiary for a very long, long, time.

It doesn't matter that this was his "first offense" or "first arrest". When you're caught with 5 lbs of "anything", you're going away until you're old and gray.

5 lbs. means you're a trafficker, a dealer, a messed up brain.

IAAL

M

MeanMOM

Thanks for the answer. Even though I hope he goes away for a long time I doubt it will happen- Just because one thinks they should does not mean it is going to happen Liable that is why I wanted a more realistic answer. The reason I put the bashing part in is because most of the time the question is not answered inead members of this board old and new spend time bashing the person ethics or choose and I wanted to avoid it before it happen. Again thank you for your help.

HomeGuru

MeanMOM said:
Thanks for the answer. Even though I hope he goes away for a long time I doubt it will happen- Just because one thinks they should does not mean it is going to happen Liable that is why I wanted a more realistic answer. The reason I put the bashing part in is because most of the time the question is not answered inead members of this board old and new spend time bashing the person ethics or choose and I wanted to avoid it before it happen. Again thank you for your help.
**A: yes, you are correct. Inead members of this board do those things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">