• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Elder Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AMS30

I live in Pennsylvania. I was wondering who I would call to investigate Elder Abuse. My Uncle is fleecing my grandmother of her money and I fear that she will have none when she really needs it. He has no job and just bought a 4 year old Mercedes. He also screams at my step-grandfather alot and intimidates him and threatens to kick him out of his home. I feel that it should at least be looked into. Am I wrong or should I do something?

Thank you.

djohnson

Really need more information here. So far you have not stated any abuse. Does he live with them? Do they allow this? Does he have a POA? Why does he think he can kick them out of the home? Are they giving the money or taking it by some other means?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

The questions by djohnson were very good. Additionally, "financial abuse" also falls under the overall category of "Elder Abuse." Pennsylvania, like California, has extremely strict and enforceable laws on this subject.

To help you understand this phenomena, copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]http://www.preventelderabuse.org/elderabuse/elderabuse.html

Pennsylvania Elder Abuse Hotline 800-490-8505 (statewide)
24-hour reporting | 7 days a week

Elder abuse is a serious crime in Pennsylvania ~ the Pennsylvania Department of Aging's hotline connects callers with Protective Services staff in one of the 52 Area Agencies on Aging serving 67 counties. Confidential help is available.

IAAL

A

AMS30

He does not live with them. He comes in to "help" but does nothing but yell at my step-grandfather. He says that he will force my step-grandfather out of the house. He cannot be POA because he already owes her large amounts of money and the lawyer says that legally he cannot be POA. So he cries that he has no money (of course with no job) and she gives him money hand over fist, but he buys computers, a Mercedes and other things that are not necessary for him to have. He has no right to kick my step-grandfather out, but he is intimidating and threatening him. My grandmother willing gives him the money thinking it's for things like paying bills and such. I just don't think that he is doing right by them and I didn't know if it was "abuse" and could be reported or if he's just a jerk.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">