• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking citation (no front plate)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

holaguesswho

What is the name of your state? CA

I received a parking ticket stating that I did not have the front plate. There were no other infractions

Here's the deal. I had purchased my car used and somebody had bumpped the bumper b4 and basically knocked the screw holes out of alignment and I was unable to mount the plate securely without fearing losing the plate all together...

Is that a valid excuse for contesting?

what are my options? Is this a fixable? I've seen it as a fixable offence on a moving violation.

Thanks for reading this and any useful advise would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited:

racer72

It is up to you, no one else, to make sure your vehicle complies with all the laws before driving the vehicle. Your excuse is heard all the time, it won't work. Fix the problem, show proof that it has been fixed and the ticket may be dismissed or the fine reduced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">