• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question for CallAtty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Diney

What is the name of your state? California

I posted yesterday re my 17 year old daughter being charged with "possession for sale" of marijuana. My question is this. I posted that she didn't have any prior drug offenses but 2 years ago, when she was 16, she was charged with a misdemeanor for a minor theft incident. She was on probation, did community service and finished everything that the court required. She went to court and the Judge told her that the her case was "satisfied" and that she was no longer and probation and she finished all that was required of her. Can this case affect the new charge of "possession for sale?" If yes, how? Can she be incarcerated this time because of the prior misdemeanor?

Thanks in advance. :(

calatty

It should not affect her eligibility because it was not a drug offense. It is extremely unlikely, virtually impossible, that a judge will incarcerate her for this offense.

D

Diney

Message to CalAtty

I cannot express how much I appreciate your responding to my questions. Thank you so very much. Have a great three-day weekend and thank you again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">