• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption and Divorce HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GOBLUE2003

What is the name of your state? Indiana

OK...I adopted daughter July 02 I have basically raised her since she was 3 yrs old (now 12). Problem is my wife has filed for divorce in Jan 03 (she is having an affiar) and I have found out that she was possibly with this guy in July. I feel I was set up. I will always support my Daughter emotionally and financialy. However what can I do to my wife for lying to the evaluator that came to our house and asked tons of questions including how our marriage was and my wifes response "great/awesome etc". She told her mother that she was seeing him then and told my MIL what was I supposed t say "do not adopt my daughter cause Im having an affiar"? My MIL response was yes. My wife denies this conversation took place (duh) with her mom but can I do anything against her law wise. In other words make her pay for her lies WITHOUT reversing ADOPTION. I do not want my daughter affected.

Jeff

K

kam2051

By making her pay, what do you mean? What do you wish to happen? Do you want sole custody?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">