• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

opps

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chriztie72

What is the name of your state? california

i was living with my boyfriend , and we had a fight. the police were called and i kinda stretched the truth. i tried to get the charges dropped and was told its in the hands of the DA. now i have been subpoena'd. what are my options. do i say i stretched the truth or i dont remember. what about using the 5th ammendment??? please help

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
oops is right. You probably want to talk to an attorney, but the morally correct thing to do would be to admit your screw-up and take the consequences. I hope they sentence you to community service with women who didn't stretch the truth, so you can see the consequences of real domestic violence - and why your stretching the truth leads to people to not believe women when they tell the truth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">