• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foster to adopt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eeyore44807

What is the name of your state? OH
I am a professional counselor. I have had 2 girls in my house since their birth with final adoption scheduled for June 16, 2003. I was counseling an individual who became angry with me (yeah, I know I should never have told her about my girls-what a costly lesson I've learned) and reported to the adoption agency that I am suicidal and depressed. The agency has moved my girls to another foster home to complete an investigation. I have completed the psyche evals to prove my stability, competency, etc. Do I have any rights at this time as they have been in my home and the court papers have been filed? Does anyone have any recommendations how I should proceed to get my girls back? Agency says they don't even have to allow me to see my girls since I am a "foster home." Anyone had a similar experience or able to offer any guidance? Thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">