• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wanting to adopt but !!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Trish_Grider866

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
I and my husband had looked into adoption but was told that because of an open case on me yrs ago they couldnt let me adopt .
But i know of no crime i was accused of that would keep us from adopting. :(

nextwife

Momma_tiger is right, GET all the information! Be certain that the record is about you and not another party of the same name. I cannot tell you how many things I come across in my business that are either wrong in the records or misunderstoof by the services that report them. For example, a credit reporting agency may report a judgement as "open" to a lender because they found no release. We discovered for that lender that the judgement was "vacated" thus no release was needed, and it had erroneously been reported as open. You get the idea. You need to investigate and determine what is being reported.

Unfortunately the standard of what is acceptable for one to be an adoptive parent is very different than that for a bioparent. I am sure that there are many bioparents could never have "qualified" to adopt their own kids, either because of their past history, or criminal or drug histories of significant others within their household.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">