• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ownership of car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dragonfly24

my state is virginia

i have recently kicked my abusive boyfriend out. he did not show up for court on assult charges and now is wanted in virginia for failure to appear. he is in delaware with his mom. we have a car in both our names although he does not have a drivers lic. he took the car from me in a store parking lot. i have made all the payments on this car, and have proof of that. there doesn't seem to be anything i can do to get the car back. i just want to get one of our names off this car. i also have a no contact order
help....i have a job and really need transportation. he has no drives lic, no job and lots of legal problems

V

VeeGee

i have recently kicked my abusive boyfriend out. he did not show up for court on assult charges and now is wanted in virginia for failure to appear. he is in delaware with his mom. we have a car in both our names although he does not have a drivers lic. he took the car from me in a store parking lot. i have made all the payments on this car, and have proof of that. there doesn't seem to be anything i can do to get the car back. i just want to get one of our names off this car. i also have a no contact order
help....i have a job and really need transportation. he has no drives lic, no job and lots of legal problems

Well it's good you kicked him out for abuse. If you know where he is like you stated in your post...call the police and they will go there and arrest him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">