• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revoking an adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Alaye'

Reversing an adoption less than 2 months old.

Florida - Broward County
:(
I grew up in foster care since the age of about 3 and have no family to turn to for help. When I became pregnant at the age of 19 the bio father bailed out on me. I struggled and finally had enough of it all. I was also in an physically and emotionally abusive relationship. The only way I thought to get out was to give my daughter up for adoption. I signed the papers April 11th, 2003. My daughter, Alaye', was sent with them on April 13th, 2003. I was naturally depressed for a while. The family promised to keep in touch, let me see her and speak to her but that was all lies. The Florida law allows 3 days for revoktion. About 3 weeks to the day I finally got in touch with my bio sister in California. She is a social worker and said she can help me if I wanted to. She wrote a letter that I certified mailed to the lawer. She will help me get a lawyer to file to get her back under the duress law. I didn't really know what that was. I only saw it as a way out of my situation. But, to be truthful I am not making the money to pay bills, daycare, utilities, food, cloths and everyday expenses. I need some help with this. I don't know where to start. The lawyer is required to send me any further court hearings but he hasn't. He doesn't even take my calls anymore. I am pretty desperate to hurry up with this. I have the chance to start over with the help of my sister but I feel my time is running out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">